From old sweater to soft toy
For Claras 4th birthday I made her a horse from an old sweater. It was a really nice sweater and I liked the fabric but it was just haunting me in my closet because I never wore it. It just did not fit and it was annoying me what a bad buy it was. ..So I used the jersey fabric to make, both a horse for Clara and a snail for Ella, and every time I see them I feel really proud, how I turned things around… making it into something better and a much more loved item.
Here is a A3 PDF if you want to make a horse too
- Fabric (I used an old jersey sweater)
- Soft toy stuffing (I used an old cushion)
- Needle and tread
- Eyes (buttons, yarn or wool)
- Optional: Wool and needle felting tools for the dots
- Cut out the horse template and needle it to a double layered fabric inside out
- Add 1 cm and cut around
- Sew it together and turn it right (leaving a hole to put the stuffing in)
- Put in the stuffing and close the hole with some stitchings
- Stitch on the ears to the head
- Add the yarn as the hair
- For the eyes and the dots I used a needle felting needle and black wool. But you can also use buttons for the eyes.