Tomorrow is Ella’s name day and I have made her a spool knitted name sign for her room, made out of an old wire hanger. Spool knitting is really fast and fun, the tricky part can be what to use the long yarn tubes for. And here is one example, I guess we can come up with more ideas?
I always forget how to spool knit so I have to refresh my memory every single time I start, there are a lot of instructions and you tube tutorials.
- Thread the yarn through your spool from top to bottom.
- Cast on by winding your yarn around the nails.
- To knit, wind your yarn around the outside of the nails.
- Using a needle or pointed stick, lift the loop on each nail up and over the yarn wound around the outside of the nails.
- Continue working until your cord is long enough.
- To cast off, cut the yarn and thread it through each loop.