DIY Christmas stockings
The stockings are up! I have tons of scrap fabric and made some Christmas stockings for the girls. One bear and one fox and I have added a template if you want to make some too. Merry Christmas!
- Cut out the template and place onto your fabric, double layer, this is the front piece.
- Cut out the fabric leaving 1cm around
- For the back, you can use the same template (just leave out the ears). Do the same here, double layer and cut out the fabric leaving 1cm around.
- Stitch the front pieces together inside out, only at the top part by the ears. Turn inside out. Do the same to the back pieces.
- Cut out the face details in felt and stitch onto the front piece.
- Cut out the piece for the hanger, make a double fold and stitch it together. fold it to a loop and place by the mark secure with a needle (loop on the inside)
- Place the backpiece onto the frontpiece with the hanger in-between and stitch inside out around the stocking.
- Zic zac around
- Cut small slits by the bend, making a nicer shape when it is turned inside out.
- Turn it inside out. Done!