This summer we have been picking blueberries. They grow wild everywhere here in Sweden. Most of the time the kids just eat them right away, with hands and mouth all purple!
One time we manage to save up enough blueberries to make a tiny blueberry pie!
If you are not like my kids and eat all the blueberries right away, but you can save a handful, you can make some Blueberry yogurt popsicles… they are super yummy and you can even serve them for breakfast! See recipe below…
Blueberry yogurt popsicles
- 1/2 Vanilla pod
- 1 dl Water
- 3/4 dl Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 3 dl Greek yogurt
- 1 dl Milk
- 1/2 dl Mixed Blueberries
- 1 Tsp Water
- 1 Tsp Icing sugar
- Split the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds, put in a pan
- Add the water, sugar and honey and bring to a boil.
- Let it cool and remove the seedpod and mix with the yogurt and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries with water and icing sugar.
- Pour the yogurt mix and the blueberry mix in popsicle molds
- Top it off with some granola
- Put in the freezer for 1 hour then add the popsicle sticks and put back in the freezer over night.